If your Lenovo B570e laptop is heating up or if you want to upgrade/replace/remove internal hardware (HDD,RAM) from this laptop, or if you want to clean the dust out of laptop and its heat sink system and fan, then use the following guide that will help you to properly and safely open up laptop to look inside it. The process explains that how can you remove different parts of laptop to access RAM, hard disk and fan, for upgrading or cleaning purpose. This specific laptop was heating up and its heat sink system was not working properly. We had to replace processor paste for it as well.
Before you open up a laptop, make sure you have read the followings:
Here is how to remove/replace/upgrade RAM, hard disk or fan from Lenovo B570e.
- Flip the laptop ad remove battery.
- Remove 5 screws from the backside (easily spotted). After that lift the portion that was clipped by using those screws.
- Now you be able to see the RAM and hard disk.
- Remove hard disk.
- From where you just removed hard disk, that side contains another screw that holds DVD player/writer. Remove that screw and with screwdriver gently push DVD player from inside and remove it.
- There will be wires coming below from hard disk area. Detach those wire by using extra caution.
- Remove the card chip from slot.
- Now remove remaining screws from backside body (fourteen screws from body and others from hard disk area).
- Flip it back to face front side. Open laptop lid.
- Remove keyboard. From top of keyboard, by using something sharp, release it from clips (5 or so clips). Start from one side and keep pushing keyboard upwards gently. There is a ribbon cable beneath keyboard, so do not lift keyboard at once. Detach that cord from main board and detach keyboard completely from laptop.
- Now you will be able to see the fan.
- From where you detached the keyboard cord (cable), that area has got 4 more little cables. Detach these cables one by one gently.
- Remove screw from near those cables. That screw may be hidden by a seal.
- Now you have to gently detach the whole case by loosing clips from laptop sides.
- Now you will be able to see the fan, processor and whole main board.
- Remove couple of cords cables and screws and the whole main board will be in your hand.
If you did not get any point in the steps explained above, just stop and watch images and videos below to understand proper sequence involved to achieve it successfully.
If photos did not help, watch video below for exact sequence to follow and steps to take.