Amazing feature about modern web technology is that you can use it on the go. All the big services including social websites let you get updates on your mobile phone and update your account by using your smart phone. You can update Facebook status using your mobile phone. Get Facebook updates, friend request notifications, status update from friends, comment updates, wall post updates, comment update on your status, photo tags notifications, comment updates on your photos, poke notifications and more on your mobile.
You have to activate Facebook Mobile first to receive friend requests, messages, wall posts, and status updates on your smart phone. You can also upload photos and videos on the go.
To do that you have to set the Facebook mobile settings page accordingly.
- Go to Facebook login page, enter username and password.
- Proceed to FaceBook Mobile Settings page.
- Provide your country and mobile phone service provider and mobile phone number.
- Send a text message containing letter F to 32665.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your mobile with the confirmation code.
- Use that activation code at Facebook mobile setting page to activate the mobile service.
- The next page will offer mobile update settings.
- Select appropriate options and save preferences.
- That’s it.
Updating FaceBook Status by Using Mobile Phone
Send text message to 32665 and Facebook will update your status.
Turn Off FaceBook Status Updates from Mobile
Send text message containing word stop to 32665. OR send stop to 32665 from phone to stop the service.
To use this service, you do not even need a smart phone. You can get facebook updates on any regular mobile phone.
UPDATE: Now we all know that smart phones have got fully compatible Facebook apps to use all features of Facebook on smart phone. This tip is useful when you have a simple regular mobile phone that does not support Facebook app.