An iPhone, iPod or iPad is entered in DFU Mode (Device Firmware Update Mode) to upgrade or downgrade iOS on device, to jailbreak it, to fix non-responsive device or to perform SIM unlock. Its a condition shown as black screen by device where device can interface with iTunes but does not load its operating system or boot loader. If an Apple device is in DFU mode, you can exit DFU mode by following instructions below.
If you bring Apple device in DFU mode, it means you are planning to do something important with it. After you are done with the update or anything that required DFU mode, the device will reboot to exit DFU mode. However it can be the case that you change your mind and want to exit DFU state without doing anything further. In that particular case this method has been given here.
To exit DFU mode, do the following on your Apple device:
- Keep your device plugged into iTunes and hold down the Power button and Home buttons of Apple device simultaneously.
- Press the Power button to reboot the device.
Or simply you can also hold down Home button and Power button till the Apple Logo appears on device.
Device reboot is required to exit the DFU state.
- How to Enter DFU Mode [iPhone,iPad,iPod] DFU mode on iPad, iPhone or iPod is 'Device Firmware Upgrade' or 'Device Firmware […]
- Difference between DFU and Recovery Mode DFU mode is 'Device Firmware Update' that bypasses the current iOS installation and […]
- How to Exit Recovery Mode [iPhone,iPad,iPod] We enter Recovery Mode for iPhone, iPad or iPod to do a standard iOS (firmware) restore […]
- How to Enter Recovery Mode [iPhone,iPad,iPod] Recovery Mode for Apple device allows you to do a standard iOS upgrade or restore on […]
- iTunes Stuck on “Preparing iPad/iPhone/iPod for Restore” State As soon as Apple releases update to iOS for iPhone, iPad and iPod, Apple users update […]
- Taking Full Data Backup from Apple Device [Guide] iOS update process replaces the current iOS from your Apple device. After the update […]
- iOS Update Requirements Usually iTunes will throw an error code in case of unsuccessful attempt of iOS update. […]
- Enter and Exit DFU Mode on Apple TV (2G) DFU (Device Firmware Update) for Apple TV 2 allows you to tweak and install firmware and […]
- iOS Unable to Restore from Backup – Fix iTunes backup or iCloud backup allows Apple users to restore backup when they need it. […]
- Enable FaceTime for iOS Devices FaceTime allows iOS device users to participate in video calls and audio calls with […]