An Apple ID is very useful on iOS devices. Its the user name or email address you use for several services on iOS devices. When you create an account for an Apple service, such as iCloud or the App Store, you create an Apple ID. The same Apple ID lets you access Apple’s other services. Without an Apple ID you can not download apps from Apple store, you can not backup data from your iOS device to iCloud and for new iOS and iOS devices, you can not even use iOS device without an Apple ID.
How to Create an Apple ID Online
Go to My Apple ID to create an Apple ID. You will need a working email address and you will have to verify that email address to create an Apple ID.
How to Create an Apple ID from iTunes?
- Open iTunes from PC. If you do not have iTunes installed, download iTunes.
- From the ‘Store’ menu, choose ‘Create Apple ID’ and click continue.
- To proceed, agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the form to create your free Apple ID.
- Next, provide a valid payment method and billing address. You will not be charged until you make a purchase.
- You will need to verify your email address. Check your email for a verification email from Apple.
- In the verification email you receive from Apple, click the Verify Now link.
- You’ll be taken to the Apple ID page to verify your email address.
- Enter your email address and the password you used to create your Apple ID. Then, click Verify Address.
How to Create an Apple ID on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch?
- From the Home Screen of iOS device, tap ‘Settings’, and then tap ‘iTunes & App Stores’.
- If an Apple ID is already signed in, tap the Apple ID, and then tap Sign Out.
- Tap Create New Apple ID.
- Choose the appropriate store by tapping Store, and select your country. Confirm your selection.
- Accept iTunes Store Terms and Conditions.
- You’ll need to enter an email address, password, and choose three security questions and provide answers to them.
- The email address you provide will be your new Apple ID.
- You’ll be required to enter your billing information. You will not be charged until you make a purchase.
- Verify your account by verifying the email address you provided.
Where can I Use an Apple ID?
Use your Apple ID to shop the iTunes Store, enable iCloud on all your devices, buy from the Apple Online Store, make a reservation at an Apple Retail Store, and use certain resources on the Apple Support website. Sign in with your Apple ID to identify yourself, make a purchase, get support, manage your account, and much more.
These are some of the most widely used services that require Apple ID such as:
- App Store
- Find My Friends
- Find My iPhone
- Game Center
- iBooks Store
- iTunes Store
- Apple Developer programs
- Apple Online Store
- Apple Retail services and programs (Concierge, One to One, Joint Venture, workshops, and youth programs)
- Apple Store app
- Apple Support Communities
- Apple TV
- iTunes Genius
- iTunes Home Sharing
- iTunes Match
- iTunes Radio
- iTunes U
- Jobs at Apple
- Mac App Store
- My Apple ID
- My Support Profile (supportprofile.apple.com)
- Photo Print Products
- Volume Purchase Program
Can multiple Apple IDs be Merged into One?
You cannot merge two or more Apple IDs into a single one. You can, however, use one Apple ID for iCloud services to backup your iOS device and use another Apple ID for Store purchases (including iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match) or for app downloading from App Store.
‘Apple ID Disabled for Security Reasons’ Message on Entering Password?
If you provide your password for Apple ID and a message appears saying your Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons, that means someone was unable to sign in to this account multiple times. The Apple ID system will disable the account to prevent unauthorized people from gaining access to your information. You’ll need to follow the instructions on My Apple ID to reset your password.
Further support on Apple ID: Apple ID Support